Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Valentine

I am not an attractive man. I can admit it. Let's not get carried away here, I mean I'm not horribly disfigured either, but the point is that because I'm not an attractive man Valentine's Day is all the more special. It's special, because there is a woman who loves me anyway. Through the course of the day I'll get cutesy emails and voice messages, we'll have dinner and see a movie all the while, she's giggling away over me (and me over her too). I love it! It's the only day of the year where I really look forward to the lovey-dovey (I can't believe I just typed that), mushy, over the top displays of affection. It wouldn't be Valentine's day without it! So here's my over the top display of affection... I'm in love with a woman who... is smarter than I know what to do with, is more beautiful than I deserve, is a better person than I am by far, is funnier than people give her credit for, cares about others, has decided to spend the rest of her life with me when she could have gotten someone a lot better and lastly (here it comes) is my best friend. Call me lame, call me a cissy, I don't care. I love my wife. Happy Valentine's Day Sweetness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is the one of the best blogs you have written!!

Liz

(Jenn, he's a keeper! - You must save this blog for future reference, say 10 years down the road - so print it, laminate it and put it in a lock box!!!) God Bless You Both!!!!!!

Alison said...

Well, isn't that sweet. I had to admit, you both chose well. Good job. Happy Valentine's Day to you both!

love,
The Dandurand Family

Anonymous said...

Paul -
You are a Haugen - of course you are attractive. It's in our genes. Hopefully it is also in our nature to love well and deeply.
take care you two.
j. haugen

Alisha J said...

It's funny how God works all things out! You guys are perfect for each other.

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul.. This is Jens favorite cousin Sarah and I have to say that was the sweetest thing I have ever read! I know she feels exactly the same about you!!! God takes good care of us doesn't he!