Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Valentine

I am not an attractive man. I can admit it. Let's not get carried away here, I mean I'm not horribly disfigured either, but the point is that because I'm not an attractive man Valentine's Day is all the more special. It's special, because there is a woman who loves me anyway. Through the course of the day I'll get cutesy emails and voice messages, we'll have dinner and see a movie all the while, she's giggling away over me (and me over her too). I love it! It's the only day of the year where I really look forward to the lovey-dovey (I can't believe I just typed that), mushy, over the top displays of affection. It wouldn't be Valentine's day without it! So here's my over the top display of affection... I'm in love with a woman who... is smarter than I know what to do with, is more beautiful than I deserve, is a better person than I am by far, is funnier than people give her credit for, cares about others, has decided to spend the rest of her life with me when she could have gotten someone a lot better and lastly (here it comes) is my best friend. Call me lame, call me a cissy, I don't care. I love my wife. Happy Valentine's Day Sweetness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is the one of the best blogs you have written!!

Liz

(Jenn, he's a keeper! - You must save this blog for future reference, say 10 years down the road - so print it, laminate it and put it in a lock box!!!) God Bless You Both!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, isn't that sweet. I had to admit, you both chose well. Good job. Happy Valentine's Day to you both!

love,
The Dandurand Family

Anonymous said...

Paul -
You are a Haugen - of course you are attractive. It's in our genes. Hopefully it is also in our nature to love well and deeply.
take care you two.
j. haugen

Anonymous said...

It's funny how God works all things out! You guys are perfect for each other.

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul.. This is Jens favorite cousin Sarah and I have to say that was the sweetest thing I have ever read! I know she feels exactly the same about you!!! God takes good care of us doesn't he!