Friday, February 16, 2007

The big goal

I have set a goal for myself that I may not meet until I make it public. I've told a couple of people about it and now it's time to make it official. In October I am going to run in the "Race for the Cure" here in Fresno. It's a 5k and I know some of you are thinking, "what's so big about a 5k?" to which I will respond, it's hard for me so back off! sorry about that. My mom will celebrate 5 years cancer free in June and so I want to run to raise money for a cause that's close to my heart. The other reason is that I've hit a new low in the weight loss struggle and slipped back to only 30 lbs lost. I was losing fairly consistently, then we moved and I've maintained at around 30 to 35 pounds for and now with my birthday, the super bowl and Valentine's I have officially been heading in the wrong direction. I'm back in action now and this is the big goal, to be in good enough shape for this run. I'm not a runner. in fact, I get tired driving 3 miles so I'm not really sure how this is going to work, but I'm doing it. The buzz phrase for the next few months is "think pink."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do this, Paul. We're cheering you on!
THINK PINK!!!!!!!!