Monday, February 12, 2007

The end of the line?

so my iBook G4, which is almost 4 years old is officially toast. I have tried everything in my power, which admittedly is not much and I have come to the end of the line I'm afraid. Que the sappy music... We've had many good years, the iBook and I. We've gone cross country and back, shared pictures, music and blogs with the world, and we've even frolicked through a meadow or two (okay that's not really true). I believe that it's time to say goodbye to my beloved machine. There are those of you who may take this as a sign that macs are not durable and some how are not as good as PCs. Do not be fooled my friends. That's the devil talking, for I am not deterred. I'm looking forward and Jenn and I are going to buy a fantastic machine when Leopard comes out. So for the next few months, I may be mac-less, but in no time, I will be up an running again, better than ever. I am still hoping for a miracle, so if any of you have any thoughts or suggestions, I would be happy to dialogue. let's now have a moment of silence for this beloved computer who was a friend to many...ok. Now I'm going to go get some dinner.

5 comments:

Rev said...

your mac will be missed. I almost stepped on that thing many times. And i must confess... i think i sat on your mac at least once.

That mac was a trooper.

thefury said...

while you start up press command+option+p+r... if that doesn't work press command+option+o+f then type reset-all... if that doesn't work you can start jen's as a hard drive by holding t at startup and then try to boot yours from an external hard drive by holding command+option+shift+delete... after that I might not know, but hopefully something works and you can have your laptop back until you get the new one.

thefury said...

ps you'll have to link your computers together with a firewire cable for that last one to work... if that wasn't obvious... hopefully the pr one works, it's the easiest one.

thefury said...

ps if command+opt+shift+delete doesn't work try just holding opt

DJ said...

This is a sad day. Let me know if I can help in any way.