Thursday, February 15, 2007

My new addiction

I was a little skeptical about stepping into the blogosphere, I'll admit, but as I'm sort of hitting my stride after almost a year of doing it I can say confidently that I love blogging. I love the community and the conversations that have developed. I love stepping into the world of other people and seeing what makes them tick. For so long however, I was a blogging elitist. While the rest of the world was trolling for pictures of 12 year old girls who like like they're 30 on MySpace, I have been a writer, an artist, a thinker. I didn't need the message boards or the pop up adds, I was fine sharing my thoughts with the world. I'm not sure what happened between then and now, but I am full on addicted to MySpace. That is my confession. I have a page and I friggin' love it! Though I go in stages of checking or updating it is this world of tunnels and trances that can make even the most efficient person lose all track of time and spend hours listening to music, reading blogs and searching for friends from high school. So I now give you permission to call me a loser and welcome me to the myspace era. I feel so lame saying this but, will you come and be my friend?

No comments: