Friday, September 21, 2007

When Jenn and I were searching for a church to hire me, we spent 10 months learning what we were looking for. We felt like we wanted to be in a place where we could be involved in other areas of ministry in addition to music and in particular, we wanted to be involved in missions. Well ask and you shall receive I suppose because now, Jenn and I are going, with 10 other people from our church to the horn of Africa. In January we're taking off for two weeks and helping missionsaries that are already there impact the lives of the people there. It's really exciting. Perhaps the coolest part of this whole thing is that a bulk of the team is made up of people from our Worship and Arts department here at the church. Three of the guys from the band and two singers are going which is incredibly exciting. Because of the make up of the team, the name of our trip is "Rock the Horn '08." I'm pretty excited about it so I thought I'd share the logo with you, which was designed by one of the guys on the team, named Justin. We've got a long way to go with support raising and preparing spiritually and culturally, but it's going to be an exciting time for sure!

No comments: