Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I love Wednesdays

My weekly schedule is a little different than most. I work Wednesday through Sunday and take Monday and Tuesday off. Generally speaking it's pretty nice. Every Monday and Tuesday I can soak in two full days off and get to do things around the house without having all of the "Saturday" things to do. I can have dinner ready for Jenn when she gets home (sometimes) and I can do things like rearrange our bedroom. All-day projects aren't really possible for me on a Saturday when it's the one day I have between Friday and Sunday to get things done, so my schedule works out pretty well. The only bummer has been that Wednesday, my first day back was meeting day. Starting at 9:30 and going almost non-stop until 3:00 I would be in meetings. It would be possible for me to come in on a Wednesday and not be able to sit down and work in my office until 3:00! So, today, I am basking in the glory of having no meetings. We've changed around the schedule so that our meetings are on Thursdays which allows me the freedom to get settled into the week and actually prepare ahead of time for things like choir practice, band practice or this Sunday. As I'm typing this, I have just become aware that I am talking about how great it is that no meetings on Wednesday allows me to work and I'm using it to blog. Maybe that means I ought to get back to work.

1 comment:

Shalene said...

Hehehe! That was funny! Get back to work!! :)